It has been an eventful Q3 for the team and we are happy to share some exciting news with you, our supporters, advisors and friends:
Samoa Fieldwork Update:
In partnership with the Asian Development Bank, we are preparing for our next deployment. Our team is installing our platform into the Central Bank of Samoa, and working with remittance operators from Samoa, Australia, and New Zealand to on-board users to enable cross-border remittances, all using KYC’ed EverID digital identities, transacting value between EverWallets in CRDT Tokens, and recorded to the EverChain distributed ledger.
- • On-boarded 118,000 Samoans, giving them EverIDs and EverWallets
- • Set up hosting nodes in Samoan government offices
- • Everest platform registered with financial regulators Austrac (Australia), DIA (New Zealand), and CBS (Samoa)
Our CEO with some Samoan colleagues and the
Commissioner of the Office of Electoral Commission
- • Winner of Fintech 50: MetLife Foundation and Visa Inc. with global non-profit Accion and World Bank Group member IFC, announced the winners of the Inclusive Fintech 50. The 50 winners – which were selected from 400 eligible applicants – demonstrate the power of financial technology to expand access, usage, and quality of financial services in advanced and emerging markets. [ Click Here ]
- • Recipient of Ethereum Foundation grant to further attestations, like KYC status, on to Mainnet:
[ Click Here ]
- • ID2020 Summit 2019 highlights Everest’s Indonesia LPG Distribution program:
“Gautam Ramnath, Everest’s Managing Director of Partnerships, said, “In the first phase, over five thousand households accessed critical energy subsidies, and a range of additional services, through secure and user-centric digital identities. Over 50% of Indonesia, or 140 million people, do not have access to smartphones. This pilot demonstrates the viability of innovative, mobile financial services that are scalable, sustainable, secure and simple enough to be managed without a smartphone.”
[ Click Here ]
We truly appreciate your continued support of Everest and our mission to change the way that identity verification and value exchange is conducted. Please contact us directly if you have any comments or feedback – [email protected].
As always, please visit our website https://everest.org/ to learn more.
Bob Reid and Brad Witteman